These days laptop backpacks are the most common item of luggage used to carry a laptop. There are some key reasons for this that we will look at in this article as well as giving you some tips before you purchase your first or next laptop backpack
The two of the main advantages
- 1. The weight is distributed evenly across your bag
- 2. Your hands are free
- Before purchasing your laptop backpack here is what to consider:
- 1. The size of your laptop.
- 2. Do you also carry a tablet computer?
- 3. What other items will you be carrying?
- 4. What features do you need?
- Other features available in laptop backpacks include:
1. The weight is distributed evenly across your bag
which is considerably more comfortable than using one arm (briefcase) or one shoulder (shoulder bag). Even if you are wearing your laptop backpack for an extended period of time your muscles won’t ache or strain as they would with the other 2 styles of bag mentioned. This is particularly important if you are using your laptop backpack for
2. Your hands are free
Before purchasing your laptop backpack here is what to consider:
1. The size of your laptop.
You might be tempted to purchase a backpack that is for a larger size laptop than you own, particularly if you have a 13″ laptop however this is not always ideal as your laptop can move around especially if there is no strap to secure it, this can be disconcerting if you need to run or power walk. We recommend you choose a backpack that is for your specific laptop size whether that is 13″, 14″, 15″ or 17″ so that your computer fits snugly.
2. Do you also carry a tablet computer?
A lot of us now have a tablet computer as well as a laptop, new backpacks are available with specific pockets for each. Choose one of these if you are carrying both or at the very least choose a laptop backpack with a pocket that will fit your tablet computer in.
3. What other items will you be carrying?
There is a big difference in overall capacity of laptop backpacks even one’s designed for the same size laptop. The range could be anywhere from 15 litres to 60 litres, so you need to determine how much extra space you will require. The easiest way to do this is to take your belongings to a luggage store and try a few different sizes out, you will soon be able to determine the capacity you require.
4. What features do you need?
The features offered across different styles of laptop backpacks differs considerably, some are packed with features and are highly
Other features available in laptop backpacks include:
- Smart Phone Pocket – A soft lined pocket to protect your screen from scratches
- Media Pocket – For your media player
- Headphone Port – This allows you to keep your media player inside your backpack and feed the headphone cable through a hole
- Pen Holders
- Card Holders
- Sternum and waist straps – Useful if you are carrying a heavy load
- Rain Cover – Protects your laptop from heavy rain
- Camera Pocket