What is E
mirates baggage policy?
More Emirates Baggage Info
Emirates Cabin baggage allowances
Generally, the amount of cabin baggage you may bring depends on which service class you are flying.
First Class and Business Class customers are permitted 2 pieces of carry-on baggage: one briefcase plus either one handbag or one garment bag.
Economy Class customers are permitted one (1) piece of carry-on baggage that should not exceed 22 x by 15 x by 8 inches and Max Weight 7 kg.
Emirates Checked Baggage Dimensions
The total dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece must not exceed 150 cm (59 inches).
You’ll be charged an additional fee for any individual items exceeding dimensions of 150 cm (59 inches), up to a maximum of 300 cm (118 inches). If an individual item has total dimensions greater than 300 cm (118 inches), it can’t be checked in as baggage and will need to be sent as cargo or freight.
Emirates Children Policy
Customers in any class of service who are travelling with an infant are permitted one piece of checked-in baggage for the infant that may not exceed 55 x 38 x 20 cm (22 x 15 x8 inches) in size and 23kg (50lb) where the piece concept applies; or where the weight concept applies, 10kg (22lb).
In addition, customers travelling with infants (and without a child seat) are permitted to bring one carry-cot or one fully collapsible stroller into the cabin if there is room.
Emirates Transporting liquids
Liquid restrictions on hand baggage now apply to all customers boarding from or transiting through Dubai International Airport as well as many other airports around the world.
In order to ensure that the liquids you bring on board comply with international regulations, please make certain that they are packaged and transported in the following manner:
- All liquids, gels and aerosols, pastes, lotions, creams, drinks and other items of similar consistency must be in containers with a capacity no greater than 100 ml. Those carried in containers larger than 100 ml will not be accepted, even if the container is only partially filled.
- These containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag of a maximum capacity not exceeding one litre. Larger bags or bags that are non-sealable, such as fold-over sandwich bags, are not allowed.
- The containers must fit comfortably within the plastic bag, which is to be completely closed.
- You will need to present the plastic bag for visual examination at the security screening point. Only one bag per customer will be permitted.
- Exemptions will be made for medications, baby milk or foods, and special dietary requirements, but you will need to show an appropriate means of verifying the nature of these items.
Emirates Sports equipment and musical instruments
Sports equipment and musical instruments are subject to the same size and weight restrictions as other forms of cabin baggage. However, it is possible to transport these items on a separate, paid-for seat in the cabin.
Emirates Restricted items
Due to international regulations, there are a number of restrictions on items that can be carried in your cabin baggage.
These items may include, but are not limited to:
- Real or toy weapons
- Arms and ammunition
- Explosives or anything containing explosives
- Knives of any kind, type, shape or size
- Letter openers
- Metal cutlery
- Razor blades and straight razor blades
- Tradesmen’s tools
- Nail files
- Hypodermic needles and syringes
- Knitting needles
- Laser pointers
Dangerous goods are classified as items or substances that may pose health and safety hazards to customers. The transport of these goods is regulated by Civil Aviation Regulations, and they are generally not allowed in either cabin baggage or checked baggage, with some exceptions.
All fireworks and any other items containing explosives, for example Christmas crackers, firecrackers, bottle rockets, poppers and sparklers are forbidden to be carried either as carry-on baggage or as checked baggage on our flights.
Emirates Cabin baggage placement
All cabin baggage must fit either under the seat in front of you or in one of the overhead lockers. Baggage may not be placed behind your legs, in the aisles or in front of emergency exits.
More Emirates Baggage Info