Flying has become a huge part of our lives. We fly for business meetings, family trips, leisure, etc. While flying is highly convenient because of how fast it gets you from one place to another, there are several things you must keep in mind while flying. For one, there’s the baggage allowance. Whether it’s hand baggage or weight allowance, the terms and conditions of the baggage allowance on airlines are an essential part of flying.
Are you planning on taking Qatar Airways for flying anytime soon? If you are but are not sure about their baggage allowance, don’t worry because we have the answer to your questions.
What is the baggage allowance on Qatar Airways?
The baggage allowance on Qatar Airways depends on the class you have chosen to travel with. Different classes like Economy, First class, and Business class have different baggage allowances. Let’s have a look at them.
- The Economy Class has three segregations – Economy Classic, Economy Comfort, and Economy Convenience. For flights to and from all destinations, the Economic Classic passengers can carry 25 kgs, i.e., 55 pounds. Economy Convenience passengers can carry up to 30 kgs, i.e., 66 pounds. Economy comfort passengers can take 35 kgs, i.e., 77 pounds.
- For Business Classic travelers, passengers can take up to 40 kgs, i.e., 88 pounds. This is the same for Business Comfort and Business Elite classes.
- First Class travelers are allowed to carry 50 kgs, i.e., 110 pounds.
Let’s have a closer look at baggage allowance guidelines for Qatar Airways.
Baggage allowances are different for various routes, travel fares, class of travel, etc. There are several routes where the weight concept applies. There is no limit on the number of pieces you travel with on these routes, as long as the weight allowance is matched. Ensure that you check if there are any more limitations based on the carrying capacity of the aircraft.
Below are the maximum weight and dimensions allowed to be carried with Qatar Airways Baggage.
- The dimensions of a bag should not exceed the 158 cm limit. This is applicable by piece. The maximum dimensions of the bag that you can carry with Qatar Airways are 300 cm.
- The weight of a baggage allowance per piece should not exceed the limit of 32 kgs, i.e., 70 pounds. This is only for checked baggage allowance and follows per piece limits. This means that the maximum amount of weight one piece of luggage can carry is 32 kgs.
- For excess baggage, you will need to pay extra charges based on how much extra baggage you want to carry. You can do this online while booking the ticket on the Qatar Airways website.
What is the baggage allowance on Qatar International flights?
International flights, such as to and from Africa and the United States of America, are different based on tour routes, travel fares, etc. Here are the baggage allowances on Qatar international flights, especially flights traveling to and from Africa and the US.
- The Economy Classic passengers are allowed two pieces weighing 23 kgs each, that is, 50 pounds. The Economy Convenience and the Economy Comfort passengers can also travel with two pieces weighing 23 kgs in total.
- The Business Classic passengers will be given the liberty of carrying two pieces weighing 32 kgs, i.e., 70 pounds in total. The same rules apply for the Business Comfort and the Business Elite.
- The First Class Elite passengers are allowed to carry 50kgs, i.e., 110 pounds in total.
Needless to say, the rules mentioned above are different for hand baggage. Let’s go through them so you can better prepare while traveling with Qatar Airways.
- The Economy Classic allows one-piece hand baggage that weighs 7kgs, i.e., 15 pounds in total. The Economy Convenience and Economy Comfort can also carry the same amount of weight.
- The Business Classic passengers can carry two pieces of hand luggage weighing 15 kgs, i.e., 33 pounds, in total. The same goes for Business Comfort and Business Elite passengers.
- The First Class passengers have a two-piece hand baggage allowance. The total hand baggage can weigh up to 15kgs, i.e., 33 pounds each.
Can I check in two bags with Qatar?
As we mentioned above, you can check in as many bags as you want so long as they follow the weight restrictions. One thing you have to keep in mind while traveling is that there are certain restrictions on the number of hand carry-on bags one can take on board. The baggage policy for handbags has several restrictions based on the number of pieces you carry while maintaining a certain amount of weight.
If you want to purchase more baggage allowance for both checked baggage and hand baggage, you can do so online. If you are buying more baggage online, you can receive several discounts, and you can save a lot of money and time when you reach the airport to board your flight.
How strict is Qatar Airways with carry-on baggage?
Qatar Airways are known for being extremely strict with carry-on baggage. In fact, if any of your carry-ons weigh more than the designated weight as per the hand baggage instructions provided above, they won’t tag your bag. Therefore, you have to be stringent about the amount of bags you carry and how much they weigh.
Please remember that Economy Class passengers can only carry about 7 kgs, i.e., 15 pounds of hand baggage. Furthermore, tickets secured in Brazil, Economy Class travelers are not allowed hand baggage that weighs more than 10 kgs, i.e., 22 pounds.
What is allowed in hand luggage at Qatar Airways?
Apart from the hand baggage allowance listed above, carry-ons can include items such as handbags, wallets, mobile phones, a coat, a blanket, a walking stick, a small camera, binoculars, some books for reading, if needed, an infant’s carrying basket, and other duty-free items.
We hope that this information helps your next travel with Qatar Airways comfortable while following the baggage allowance guidelines.