- Sun Country Airline Carry On Baggage Guide
- Sun Country Carry On Luggage Summary
- Sun Country Carry On Policy
- Sun Country Baggage Fees
- Sun Country Checked Baggage Fee
- Sun Country Forbidden Items
- Summary of TSA Rules
- Sun Country Excess Baggage Fees
- Sun Country Firearm Policies
- SUN Country Pets Carry on Policy
- More info on SUN Country Luggage Policy
Sun Country Airline Carry On Baggage Guide
Sun Country is a US-based low-cost airline.
Flying to 35 destinations in the United States, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico & Puerto Rico
Our SUN Country carry on policy provides each ticketed passenger the following allowance at no additional charge:
Sun Country Carry On Luggage Summary
Sun Country Carry On Policy
- One (1) carry-on bag which may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 24” long x 16” wide x 11” tall (including wheels, handles, or any other protruding items), and may not exceed 15 KG pounds in weight.
Passengers may also carry:
- One (1) smaller personal item (e.g., purse, laptop, etc.) which may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 16” long x 11’’ wide x 8” tall. This item must be stowed under the seat in front of them.
Test your Luggage at the Sun Country Airport bag checker:
*Note: Overhead storage on board each aircraft is limited. Once the aircraft bins have reached capacity, remaining qualified carry-on sized bags will be tagged and travel as Checked Baggage without fee.
All carry-on items must be stowed in overhead bins or under the passenger’s seat
Sun Country Baggage Fees
Passengers traveling on Sun Country Airlines flight have no free checked in baggage allowance
Sun Country Airlines will not check baggage more than 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure
Sun Country Checked Baggage Fee
Save time and money with the convenience of paying for your checked baggage online.
Online Payment – 1st Bag Fee $20. 2nd Bag Fee $30
At Airport Payment – 1st Bag Fee $25. 2nd Bag Fee $35
Sun Country Forbidden Items
Certain items are considered hazardous materials and, by federal law, are prohibited from being transported on all Sun Country Airlines flights.
The following items are examples of items that will not be transported by Sun Country Airlines.
Categories of Hazardous materials that are forbidden
- Flammable substances
- Compressed Gases
- Radioactive materials
Examples of hazardous materials forbidden for carriage
- Lithium batteries
- Spray starch
- Liquid fuels (e.g. gasoline, butane, lighter fluid)
- Liquid oxygen
- Torch lighters
- Strike anywhere matches
- Oxygen bottles or cylinders
Passengers can transport liquids, gels, lotions or similar items thru the security checkpoint if the items are less then 3.4oz (100 ml) individually and they fit into a transparent 1 qt (1 liter) plastic bag.
The contents must fit completely in the plastic bag and will be subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the passenger’s carry on bag.
Passengers may also have the following items, but must declare them to TSA at the screening checkpoint if not contained in a clear or transparent resealable 1 quart (1 liter) plastic bag and/or are over 3.4oz. (100ml).
- Baby formula/milk (to include breast milk), juice, and baby food in containers if a baby or small child is traveling
- Medications (liquid, gel, and aerosol)
- Liquids (to include juice) or gels for diabetic or other medical needs.
Mobility devices, crutches, canes, braces, or other mobility aids needed by the customer are not counted as additional carry-ons and must be stored in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations.
Active Military Personnel
Active US Military personnel traveling on official orders are allowed to check two bags free of charge. To qualify, military personnel will need to present a valid military ID card.
Summary of TSA Rules
Sun Country Excess Baggage Fees
$75 will be charged for the third checked bag under 50 pounds and/or 62 linear inches
|Weight/Size||Fee Each Way|
|51 – 60 pounds||$45|
|61 – 100 pounds1||$75|
|Over 100 pounds||Not accepted|
|63 or more linear inches||$75|
One (1) item of the following sporting equipment may be substituted for one (1) of your checked baggage. For the items listed below, multiple items count as one (1) item of luggage and are subject to baggage fees.
- Fishing Equipment
- Golfing Equipment
- Skiing Equipment
- Bowling Equipment
- Hockey Equipment
- Lacrosse Equipment
- Scuba-Diving Equipment
- Surfboard, Wakeboard and Kiteboards
- Windsurfing Equipment
- Trailer Hitches
Sun Country Firearm Policies
- Firearms and ammunition are accepted as checked baggage only.
- All firearms must be unloaded with the action, slide, or bolt open where applicable.
- All firearms must be declared at the airport check-in counter.
- Firearms will only be accepted in a hard sided locked container (for example – rifle case).
- Ammunition must be packed in its original packaging or case specifically designed for ammunition. Loose ammunition or ammunition loaded in magazines or speed loaders will not be accepted Please review the information at www.tsa.gov.
For information on transporting medical equipment (including mobility devices) in your baggage, please see the Passengers with Disabilities and Special Needs Page.
SUN Country Pets Carry on Policy
Sun Country accepts small cats and dogs in the aircraft cabins on flights within the contiguous United States. The following conditions apply to customers bringing a small dog or cat
- An advance conditional reservation is recommended per segment through Sun Country Reservations for a non-refundable fee of $125
- Walk up requests are limited to the 4 pets per aircraft limit for a non-refundable fee of $19
- Only one pet per ticketed passenger is allowed.
More info on SUN Country Luggage Policy
Baggage Information Hotline
For inquiries regarding delayed or damaged baggage, please call SUN Country toll-free hotline at US 888-359-5586 for assistance.