Guide to JetBlue Carry On Size Allowance
Who is JetBlue?
JetBlue Airways is a US low-cost airline, headquartered in the New York City, operating a fleet of 250 Planes and serving 100+ destinations in 25 countries.
Have questions about your Jet Blue Luggage Sizes, Weight & Restrictions?
With all the Jet Blue rules and regulations, it would be GREAT to the have answers about weight limits and restricted items before jumping on your Jet Blue Flight.
Read below your more information on Jet Blue Luggage Sizes, Weight & Restrictions:
JetBlue Carry On Baggage Summary
- 1 FREE Hand Carry on
- 24″ L (60.96 cm) x 16″ W (40.64 cm) x 10″ H (25.4 cm)
- MAX 7 KG Weight
- 1 FREE personal item – purse, briefcase, laptop, etc
Source: Jetblue.com Baggage Policy
Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 45 linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (56 x 36 x 23 cm) including handles and wheels.
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
JetBlue Personal Item Allowance
Each customer may bring onboard one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) plus one carry-on bag
- A jacket
- diaper bag
- duty free items
- assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.)
If the carry-on bag does not fit in the overhead bin or space is limited, the bag will be gate checked.
To fit under the seat in front of you, your item must not exceed:
- For Airbus A321:
17″ (43.2 centimeters) length x 13″ (33 centimeters) width x 11″ (27.9 centimeters) height
- For Airbus A320:
18″ (45.72 cm) length x 15″ (38.1 cm) width x 8″ (20.32 cm) height
In order to fit in the overhead bin, your carry-on bag must not exceed:
- For all our aircraft types: 24″ L (60.96 cm) x 16″ W (40.64 cm) x 10″ H (25.4 cm)
JetBlue Checked Baggage Summary
- 1st Checked bag is FREE
- All checked bags must not exceed 62″ (157.48 cm) in overall dimensions
- MAX 22.73 KG Weight
- 2nd Checked bag Fee is $50, 3rd $100
Source: Jetblue.com Baggage Policy
JetBlue Baggage Excess Fees
Your first checked bag at JETBlue is always Free.
All checked bags must not exceed 62″ (157.48 cm) in overall dimensions (length + width + height) and cannot exceed 50 pounds (22.73 kg).
If you’ll be carrying additional bags, there is a $50 fee for checking a second bag and a $100 fee for a third bag.
JetBlue Baggage Tips
- Be familiar with JetBlue baggage fees and rules before you take off. Ensure your JetBlue Baggage is within JetBlue Baggage Size, Weight Restrictions
- Limit the number of bags you take and reduce the potential for additional baggage fees by sharing luggage.
- Pack light and consider using a compression device to fit all of your items into a smaller space.
- Joining the JetBlue rewards program or frequent flier program may allow you to check bags for free.
JetBlue Baggage Restrictions
- For more information on JetBlue Restrictions go directly to JetBlue
- Read the TSA rules at US Gov TSA rules
JetBlue Permitted Items
Jet Blue Duty-free Items
You are allowed to take onboard the Duty-free items, liquids, gels, and/or aerosols purchased at the airport or aeroplane.
JetBlue Sports Equipment Policy
Sports equipment such as skis, golf bags, fishing equipment, hockey, and lacrosse equipment will be accepted up to JetBlue’s size and weight limits and will count as one checked bag/hold bag.
Associated fees might be applied.
JetBlue Baggage Size Summary
More information on JetBlue Baggage Policies:
- JetBlue US Reservations/TrueBlue: 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583)
- JetBlue International Reservations: 001-801-449-2525